Tamor River Rafting trip filled with colorful natural heritage and combined with fantastic short trekking to rafting starting point Dovan along the main route of Kanchenjunga trek. The third highest peak of the world Mt Kanchenjunga will be dominating with its holy glimpse while you will climb up on great ridges. Due to its extraordinary landscape features and biggest one natural rhododendron garden are other main attractions of this trip. In beginning days of Tamur River rafting you will allow to trek and enjoy incredible hiking journey about three days. You will trek further of Basantapur via Chauki, village, Mangalabare, Gupha Pokhari, Gurja up to Dovan where we will spend last night stay of the great trek at river beach camp.
Tamur River rafting is ever renowned as one of the best classic wilderness challenge of East Nepal. After the beautiful trek days at Dovan rafting put in point you will prepare classic rafting journey. Next day at Dovan early morning you will have a breakfast then commences the rafting and it will follow until Chatara. About four days you will have almost flow with flat section long and some great rapids. But the further bridge of Mulghat action you never can imagine. There are mind blowing rapids which some of them great adrenaline run. Together along the beach camping site nearby you will encounter typical indigenous kirat culture of east Nepal.
Tamor & Arun River Expedition with trekking (Rafting & Kayaking) 15 Days Trip
- Day 1: Early Morning Departure from Kathmandu to Basantapur(Driving hour 14 to 17hrs) OR flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar (45mins) additional 6 to 7 hrs drive to Basantapur. “Night stay at Basantapur”
- Day 2: Trekking starts after breakfast from Basantapur to Chauki(4 to 6 hrs Trek). Spending a night at Chauki (Home stay or Camping).
- Day 3: Trekking from Chauki To Gufa Pokhari(4 to 6 hrs Trek). Spending a night at Gufa Pokhari(Home stay or Camping).
- Day 4: Trekking from Gufa Pokhari To Goerga(5 to 7 hrs Trek). Probably camping.
- Day 5: Trekking from Goerga to Dobhan “Starting point of Tamur” (3 to 5 hrs Trek)
- Day 6 : Rafting and Kayaking Starts. Camping At Riverside.
- Day 10: Last camp at Riverside.
- Day 11: Last Day at the Tamor river, trip will finish before lunch. Lunch at Chatara local Resturant. After lunch heading to Leguwa (Arun starting point )7-8 hour and camp.
- Day 12: Rafting and Kayaking . Camping at Riverside.
- Day 13: Last camp at Arun river Riverside.
- Day 14: Last day at river trip will finish before lunch. Lunch at Chatara local Restaurant. After lunch back to Kathmandu by bus(driving hour 12 hrs) or by flight optional.
- Day 15: bus will take you to Kathmandu till Am
Note: Additional Arun River Trip is optional and cost will decrease if you're interested in Tamor Trip only.
USD: 2200.00 with flight tickets/person tax included
USD: 1800.00 flight tickets not included/person tax included
Note: Minimum 4 people
shorts or half pant, T-shirts (long sleeve for sun protection), swim wear, sun cap, sun glass, suntan cream, personal water bottle, a pair of river sandal etc
For camp site
personal sleeping bag, lightweight shirts, T-shirts, trouser/pant, under garments, socks, a towel, light shoe, fleece type jacket, flash light, personal toiletries, camera, reading and writing materials, medication recommended by your private doctor or personal first-aid kit etc.