Tamor River Rafting trip filled with colorful natural heritage and combined with fantastic short trekking to rafting starting point Dovan along the main route of Kanchenjunga trek. The third highest peak of the world Mt Kanchenjunga will be dominating with its holy glimpse while you will climb up on great ridges. Due to its extraordinary landscape features and biggest one natural rhododendron garden are other main attractions of this trip. In beginning days of Tamur River rafting you will allow to trek and enjoy incredible hiking journey about three days. You will trek further of Basantapur via Chauki, village, Mangalabare, Gupha Pokhari, Gurja up to Dovan where we will spend last night stay of the great trek at river beach camp.
Tamur River rafting is ever renowned as one of the best classic wilderness challenge of East Nepal. After the beautiful trek days at Dovan rafting put in point you will prepare classic rafting journey. Next day at Dovan early morning you will have a breakfast then commences the rafting and it will follow until Chatara. About four days you will have almost flow with flat section long and some great rapids. But the further bridge of Mulghat action you never can imagine. There are mind blowing rapids which some of them great adrenaline run. Together along the beach camping site nearby you will encounter typical indigenous kirat culture of east Nepal.
Tamor Rafting Photo Gallery
- Professional licensed guides fluent in English. Safety certified to international standards in Whitewater River Guiding, Swift Water Rescue and Wilderness First Aid
- Professional safety kayakers
- Gear raft support
- International brand ISO/CE certified rafting equipment including helmets, PFDs, paddles, splash jackets and wetsuits
- Dry bags and pelican boxes to keep your personal items dry and safe on the river
- Variety of fresh, hygienically prepared meals while on the river, including tea, coffee, hot chocolate and drinking water
- Camping logistics and equipment including shelters, tents, simple mattresses and sleeping bags/ you can bring your own sleeping bag if you have
- Round trip private transportation
- River permits
- Industry standard first aid kits
What's NOT included
- Cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- Tips to Staffs
- Flight Ticket
What to bring
For camp site: personal sleeping bag, lightweight shirts, T-shirts, trouser/pant, under garments, socks, a towel, light shoe, fleece type jacket, flash light, personal toiletries, camera, reading and writing materials, medication recommended by your private doctor or personal first-aid kit etc.
Trip deperature date
10 – 12 days
Trek Start Point:
(option to fly Kathmandu – Biratnagar)
Put in Point:
(option to fly Biratnagar – Kathmandu)
Best Time to Do:
131 km (82 miles)
Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Safety kayakers for every trip and wilderness first-aid service